Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Don't you know it's bad luck to let retarded people in your home?

My Halloween costume is actually coming together this year:



I've already patterned and sewn the dunce cap! Yeah, I fucking patterned a CONE tailored to my personal noggin. Skill beyond skill!

That's Kate Bush, bee tee dubs, in case you're a TOTAL PLEBE.

I used to feel so down-trodden and isolated if my Halloween costume went unappreciated by my peers. Now that I'm a huge snob, howevs, I just quietly gloat about my ability to reference shit that happened earlier than six months ago. The only costumes that [Jennifer] garner significant recognition are sold at Party City and based on characters from recent action-adventure franchises. Oh, and the Droogs from Clockwork Orange are always weirdly well-received. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to dress like Droogs with a group of friends! It makes your adult sons look like eighth graders who lie about "cutting" and pretend to understand Hunter S. Thompson.

2 comments:

Brandon and June said...

As if you needed two more reasons to love Kate Bush, here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7IjIp2DZI
(behold the Stepp digital guitar about a min in...)

http://www.trickyants.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kate_bush4.jpg

NO PLEBES

Yeardley Smith said...

Holy shit! Did you catch the guy at the end saying "How ephemeral she is, Kate Bush"?? Does that even make sense? Surely he meant "ethereal". right? Either way, I am going to make people say that to me so many times on Friday.

I'm quite partial to Babooshka Kate Bush as well, just because that is easily the best outfit in which to act DEFIANT.