Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Twin Peaks Thoughts

I.
Fake Crying While Wearing Liquid Eyeliner = Instant David Lynch Ingenue!



Shit, girl, where your 1950s throwback fashions at?

II.
In my deepest, darkest fantasies, there's a scene in Fire Walk With Me where Laura harasses patrons at the Double R Diner about reading her diary à la Amy Poehler in this sketch from Upright Citizens Brigade.

"Were you trying to read my diary?!"

"No."

"Were you trying to read my most secret thoughts?! Fine, I'll read them to you: 'I had sex with BOB last night. He smells like warm garbage and Frito's. GROSS!'

III.
Certain scenes with Donna and Laura in Fire Walk With Me really remind me of unstable, precocious blonde friends I had when I was a teenager. Actually, it's just that scene where Laura has a melodramatic weepy "moment" in front of everyone at the Julee Cruise show, and Donna sees her crying and looks half concerned, half really irritated and tries to ignore her. I totally relate, D. My blonde friend tried to pull the exact same shit on me at a Denny's once.



IV.
When I watch the Canadian bacchanal scene, I like to pretend that it's actually footage from David Lynch's birthday party. Try it!





V.
I highly recommend NOT visiting Twede's Cafe in North Bend, where they shot all the Double R Diner scenes in Twin Peaks. It's incredibly bleak. All the Twin Peaks memorabilia is sequestered in the hallway next to the bathroom, and there are a million or so plush Tweety birds in different outfits suspended from the ceiling.

Here is the toilet-adjacent "Twin Peaks" wall:



And here is a mere morsel of the Tweety bird explosion:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally look like Ronette Pulaski! And yes, I already know she was your childhood friend's babysitter or whatever.

Anonymous said...

The people of North Bend are RUBES!

Anonymous said...

You're the second person I know to blog about Twin Peaks and Twedey's today. She's taking friends on a Twin Peaks field trip on Sunday to North Bend to all the places the show was filmed. Weird.

-Callie